Ir para conteúdo

ZIP LINE NEXT TO AGUAS CALIENTES

Posts Recomendados

• Membros

DON”T GO ZIP LINING IN PERU!!!!! IT IS DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to alert people of not going on Zip Line in Peru next to Aguas Calientes in Salkantay tracking!!!!!!!!!!.

I Will try to tell my history but i fell i little ashamed of telling it in the first moment. i Will identify myself so my words can have the minimun credibility. My name is Adriano i have 27 year old and i am from Brazil.

It was the 4th Day of tharcking on salkantay in Peru and we were about to reach machu Picchu. I had found some very Nice people there. The tarcking was so intense that you really get close to the people and you Begin to like them of some way. There was a such a cute french girl in our group, she had such a pretty blue eyes and a serious personality. That girl with serious looking, aways concentrated in the track, in someway had a mysterious air, but was polite and gracious. The day passed trought and for me was dificult to not feel attraction to her. The Day before we did the zip line i talked to her, and i felt she had some atration for me too, i could not tell with level it was, but i could tell that she had something for me. So i was quite happy hoping to develop something nice to somebody that was also nice. In the tracking all the feelings got touched upon, so for me, at that moment, beeing with her, was someway important.

Them the Day of zip lining, i was afraid, because the montains were so hight and i had never done something like this before, she was by my side, we were walking together to the top of the montain. And sometimes she stood next to me and touched my arm. I was enjoying her smoth voice and her cute french accent and i was hopping that something more happend next. And you can guess that something really happend. But was the worse thing it ever happend to me....

I was about to GO on zip line, there were to safety cables conneted in a steel cable, IF one of then fails, the other one stays conneted... In my turn the main cable was ok and was connected in a divice that did not touch the steel cable, but the secondary one was liked directly in the steel cable. I asked the assistent IF it was ok to have the safety cable touching the steel, and she Said IF was fine. I felt that something really bad was about to happen because my divice was placed diferently from the other ones Who went down the zip line. I was right because a few seconds Just after going down a realize a very strange noise and the divise conneted to the steel cable began to shake, the secury cable touching the steel made friction and i was loosing speed quickly. To worsen the situation the fricton made the steel of de security cable heat and of couse dilate. It is dificcult to imagine but one of the safety cables oppend in front of my eye while i was loosing speed...!! The i got stuck in the middle of the zip Just with one cable holding my body! I could only wach the rive very very tiny Bellow me, with huge montains very away in each side. I really felt i was going to die. I began to feel panic inside i did not know what to do. Is a sensation i do not desire to anybody... I was holding tight, but i began to shiver of despair, i realize i was about to faint... So a man came to rescue me. He saw tha one of the cables was not tight and tied it in his belt and afther He rowed útil the other poin of the zip line.

I was alive, and may panic was going by, but the anger toke place of me and i began to screan very aloud with me man Who rescued me. I was so angry of almost loosing my life that i went out of control and throwed my equipment away in the montains while i cryed aloud saying ofensive stuffs... The french girl was coming right after me on the zip line and wached every word i said. I went back to the companig walking trought the montains alone feeling humiliated and scary. I laid down in the floor remebering everything and i began to cry, really cry. The tears were running trought my face with no control. Just the ideia of dying in such a stupid situation made me nervous. I got back my strength and wnet back to the Zip linebase were the manager was watting for me. I screand more and more, i pointed out their mistake and the didn’t beliave me. They said i braked by my self with the gloves and that is why i got stuck on that crap. They did not realize the friction heated the cable, made me lose speed and after dilated the metal securety divise that opened after all, putting my life into risk. That made me more and more angry because they didn’t beliave me. The group with me did not beliave me also, and said i did wrong with the equipment and it was my falt of beeing stuck in the zip line. I was humiliated and angry and i screand more with the manager i threatened of process the company. Well the whole group watched it, includding the frech girl.

You can guess we didn’t chatted any longer during all trip... i wander that she though i was a cowardt and had the intention of taking financial advantage of the situation. But this no matter anymore. Thanks Good I am alive. I had not suport of the people Who were next to me... only the too Best friends i have showed regard to me. So keep in mind: DON”T GO ZIP LINING IN PERU!!!!! IT IS DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link para o comentário
Compartilhar em outros sites

• Membros

Oi Adriano.

Meu marido e eu fizemos a trilha Salkantay em maio, do dia 4 ao 8, e a agência, isto é, o dono da agência para o qual pagamos para fazer a trilha, a Landscape Peru, nos informou que o zip line seria comprado na trilha, com o guia, não nos ofereceu outra alternativa.

No terceiro dia da trilha, final do dia, após o jantar, apareceu um cara que foi vender a "aventura do zip line, com super man e tudo mais", que consistia em: 2 tirolesas, 1 rapel, e andar em 1 ponte suspensa, e nosso guia também não avisou nada que poderia ter outra empresa de zip line. Eu havia pesquisado em alguns sites e visto que a empresa mais indicada era a Cola de Mono, que fazia 6 passagens de tirolesa e não somente 2 como apresentado pelo cara; na hora achei estranho. Pagamos 100 soles por pessoa.

No dia seguinte nosso grupo de trilha - 13 pessoas - foi dividido: 2 pessoas não fariam a tirolesa, 3 meninos foram colocados em uma van e o resto, incluindo nós, foi colocado em outra van. Fomos fazer a tirolesa sabendo que os outros 3 também fariam, mas em uma empresa diferente. Chegando no local, o cara que foi vender o passeio para nós no dia anterior estava lá e pediu que colocássemos rapidamente as cadeirinhas para ouvirmos as explicações de como agir. Demorou no máximo uns 5 minutos a explicação de segurança que se resumiu em como colocar os pés e como frear, tudo muito superficial e muuuuito rápido, e já fomos subindo um morro para começar a aventura. Chegando lá em cima, quem fazia a segurança da primeira passagem era um menino de uns 13 anos no máximo, e na segunda linha o menino devia ter uns 10 anos (se fosse aqui no Brasil seria trabalho infantil com certeza), quem nos recebia no final desta segunda passagem era o cara que foi vender o zip line no acampamento e que tinha nos recebido lá embaixo para as explicações (acho que faz tudo), ele foi muito grosso com todo mundo, pois tinha que nos soltar da tirolesa e nos prender na corda do rapel, mas ninguém ali entendia o peruano falando rápido e bravo, o que ele queria é acabar logo seu trabalho com o primeiro grupo de turistas do dia. Foi bem ruim! Chegando no chão, adivinhem quem estava fazendo a segurança na corda do rapel? nosso guia! foi muito ridículo e deu pra perceber que com certeza ele leva uma grana, que é um esquema entre eles.

Tinha muita gente esperando para andar na tirolesa quando acabamos, e ficamos sabendo, no final da tarde, já em Águas Calientes, que houve um acidente, um menino não conseguiu parar e o equipamento de frenagem não funcionou, e ele acabou bateu muito forte num lugar. Vimos o cara que foi vender o zip line (o grosso que fazia a segurança) meio que carregando, escorando o menino, subindo a rua da cidade, devia estar levando para atendimento médico não sei em qual lugar.

De noite encontramos com o resto da galera em Águas Calientes, os 3 meninos que fizeram o zip line com a Cola de Mono disseram que foi tudo muito profissional, que o tempo de explicação dos procedimentos de segurança demorou pelo menos uns 40 minutos, e gostaram muito, pagaram menos, não lembro quanto.

Adriano, não sei por qual empresa você fez a tirolesa, e o pior é que não lembro o nome da qual fizemos, acho que tinha dois nomes próprios na roupa dos 2 meninos (crianças) que faziam a segurança, seria legal meter a boca, alertar os outros, na internet sobre empresa tão ruim.

A dica que deixo é: quando contratarem a trilha em Cusco já contratem o zip line junto, sugiro a Cola de Mono, pela indicação e satisfação dos 3 meninos que viajaram conosco; não deixem para pagar este passeio na trilha, não vale a pena.

Abraço

Link para o comentário
Compartilhar em outros sites

Participe da conversa

Você pode postar agora e se cadastrar mais tarde. Se você tem uma conta, faça o login para postar com sua conta.

Visitante
Responder

×   Você colou conteúdo com formatação.   Remover formatação

Apenas 75 emojis são permitidos.

×   Seu link foi automaticamente incorporado.   Mostrar como link

×   Seu conteúdo anterior foi restaurado.   Limpar o editor

×   Não é possível colar imagens diretamente. Carregar ou inserir imagens do URL.

• Criar Novo...